The Sports Licensing and Tailgate Show is a trade event and is not open to the public. All attendees must be active retailers, distributors, or otherwise affiliated with the sports licensing or tailgate industry.
To gain entrance to the show, the company must be qualified by show management and may be asked to provide materials confirming their role in the sports licensing or tailgate industry. Show Management reserves the right to request additional documentation for each Company and Employee beyond what is listed below if deemed necessary.
Retail Store Qualifications
Types of retail stores that qualify include: Athletic Supply Store, Boutiques/Gift/Novelty Store, Camping/Outdoor Store, College Bookstore, Department Store, Mass Market/Discount Store, Online Store, Specialty Store, Sporting Goods Store, Supermarket/Convenience Store/Drug Store, Warehouse/Wholesale Clubs.
Retail Company Qualification Credentials (must provide two (2) of the following):
- Current invoices (within the last 12 months) for MULTIPLE quantities of products
- Business license indicating that you are a retail business
- Store lease that states you are a retail business or photograph of inside and outside of the store including store name signage
- New Business only – letter of intent from an attorney or bank on official letterhead stating that intent to start a new retail business
- Online retailer ONLY – Active web site address through which company business can be validated
- Mail order companies must provide printed catalog
- Your firm’s State/County Sales Tax Permit or a Seller’s Permit
Collegiate Licensing Qualifications
Types of companies that qualify include: Collegiate Leagues/Teams, School/University (College bookstores should register as retail buyers)
Collegiate Licensing Qualification Documents (must provide one (1) of the following):
- A link to the university licensing department web site that shows your name and title
- Business card showing the university name, your name and title
Working Media Qualifications
Types of working media companies that qualify include: Magazine and Newspaper Editorial Staff, TV Crews, Reporters, Cameras / Photo Editors/ Technicians, Freelance and Contributing Writers and Photographers, Websites/Blogs.
Working Media Qualification Documents: must provide two (2) of the following:
- Publication masthead including your name and title.
- A scanned copy or link to original, bylined editorial work, showing product coverage within the sports/licensing industry from the last three months.
- Letter on assigning publication’s letterhead from assigning editor or news director with a writing assignment detailing a specific coverage assignment at the show.
- A station issued, current Press photo I.D.A business card from a major TV network reflecting your editorial role.
- A letter from the news director or assignment editor on station/network letterhead saying that you have been assigned to represent the organization in an editorial capacity at SLTS. Coverage must be done independently and not solicited by exhibiting companies.
Freelance and Contributing Writers and Photographers
- A scanned or linked examples of your published, editorial work in assigning publication with bylined product coverage within the sports/licensing industry, in the last three months.
- An email or scan of original letter on assigning publication’s letterhead from assigning editor or news director with a writing assignment detailing a specific coverage assignment at the show.
- A signed letter from the news director or assignment editor on station/network letterhead stating that you have been assigned to represent the organization in an editorial capacity. Coverage must be done independently and not solicited by exhibiting companies.
- A scanned copy or link to original, bylined editorial work showing coverage within the sports/licensing industry from the last three months.
- A scanned or snipped monthly traffic report from an external demographic tool, like Google Analytics, verifying the site or blog gets a minimum of 5,000 or more unique monthly visitors (UMVs).
The Web publication must be a previously established, independent site that is updated at least biweekly with original and industry-related news.
To maintain PCI Compliance, be sure to black out the following information prior to sending your credentials: credit card numbers and any government issued ID, Sales, Tax or SSN numbers.
If you have questions about qualification criteria or to submit credentials, email email@example.com.
Register now for the opportunity to connect with thousands of attendees and vendors