Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson was ranked No. 1 for a second consecutive year on the NFL Players Inc.’s (NFLPI) Top 50 Player Sales List for the fiscal year 2015.
The list is based on the total overall sales of officially licensed products from March 1, 2014 to Feb. 28, 2015. Released quarterly by NFLPI, the marketing and licensing arm of the NFL Players Association, the list is based on total overall sales of all officially licensed products from online and traditional retail outlets as reported by more than 80 NFLPI licensees.
Peyton Manning, the quarterback of the Denver Broncos, was No. 2, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was No. 3, San Fransisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was No. 4, and rounding out the top five was Aaron Rodgers, the Green Bay Packers’ quarterback.
In all, NFLPI licensees generated retail sales exceeding $1.4 billlion.
Five Seahawks made the list, and three cracked the top 10, which is more than any other team.
The top 15 player sales rankings are as follows:
- Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
- Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
- Tom Brady, New England Patriots
- Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
- Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
- Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
- Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks
- J.J. Watt, Houston Texans
- Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
- Johnny Manziel, Cleveland Browns
- Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
- Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
- Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
- LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
- Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
For the full list, visit nflpa.com/players. — J.B.