San Juan Capistrano, Calif., December 29, 2014 – The Sports Licensing and Tailgate Show, the premier event for brand owners, licensors, licensees and retailers interested in sports licensed products, is pleased to announce the Independent Retailer Conference schedule of sessions to take place at the 2015 Show, scheduled for January 14-16, 2015. Held annually in Las Vegas at the Las Vegas Convention Center, the Sports Licensing and Tailgate Show is home to over 350 exhibits and thousands of retailers, this is the only show of its kind to target the sports, licensing and tailgating markets. Exhibiting companies hold the licenses for professional and collegiate sports teams and represent all product categories.
New to the Sports Licensing and Tailgate show this year, The Independent Retailer Conference will deliver retail education to help attendees maximize their show experience. The Independent Retailer Conference is dedicated entirely to the unique lifestyle and responsibilities of small business owners. Its education-rich, action-packed 15 minute sessions, offer retailers the chance to engage, learn and connect with retail experts, industry leaders, service providers and like-minded entrepreneurs.
The sessions listed will ensure that retail attendees of the IRC will leave better educated and more inspired – with take-away tools to bring back to their stores:
Email Marketing is Still Alive and Kicking Ron Cates, Social Media Marketing Expert, Constant Contact A few years ago, some people were saying that email was dead. However, the channel continues to thrive as a marketing tool, drawing the best return on investment of any form of digital marketing, including SEO. Come hear Constant Contact’s Ron Cates, the “Grandfather of Email Marketing”, as he destroys the myth of email’s demise and talks about the future of email.
- End The Cash Drain Cathy Donovan Wagner, Founder and President, RETAILMavens What numbers do I HAVE to pay attention to get more profit NOW? I’ll teach you to get MAXIMUM profits with the MINIMUM math!
- Licensing Hack – Uncovering Opportunities in the world of Cause Marketing Omri Bojko, Co-Founder, TVP NYC Over the past several years the boundaries for retail and e-commerce have become less burdensome. Social enterprises and campaigns like the NFL’s breast cancer awareness and NBA Cares have flooded the retail market with new products and demographics. What kinds of opportunities are available for retailers through partnerships and collaborations with non-profits, specifically those with close ties to professional athletes and celebrities, including their own foundations?
- How Retail POS can Increase your Revenue Gary Breeds, Business Development Manager, TouchSuite Learn how to use a point of sale system in your retail establishment. Use TouchSuite’s all-in-one business solution to quickly manage inventory and marketing integration. Learn about EMV mandates and all you need to know about the upcoming liability shift.
- Why Your Product Photography Matters David Nawrocki, Retail Studio Effect Gain insight on why the pictures of the products you sell matter on your website, for marketing materials and more. Learn tips and alternatives to traditional product photography.
- The 4 Steps To Motivating your Team Cathy Donovan Wagner, Founder and President, RETAILMavens Your bottom line is only as good as your front line! Learn how to get everyone focused, excited, and reaching goals better than ever.
- Quick Tips to Improve Your Website Presence Traci Tarquinio, Vice President, Partner Programs and Events, SnapRetail Every business is expected to have a website, but is yours working hard for you? Learn the best, cost-effective tips to increase the quality, usability, engagement and value of your top 24/7 marketing tool.
- World Class Email Marketing Ron Cates, Social Media Marketing Expert, Constant Contact Email remains a thriving marketing channel, but most businesses are still getting the details wrong. Constant Contact’s Ron Cates, one of the world’s leading email marketing experts, will share “insider secrets” that will enable you to immediately produce email marketing campaigns that are better than some of the world’s leading brands.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Redefined – How to Raise Money for Charities Through Apparel and Outside-the-Box Engagement Omri Bojko, Co-Founder, TVP NYC Studies have shown that consumers are significantly more attracted to brands and companies that have a positive social impact and give back to the community. How can you use this trend to create positive impact for your community and your business?
- Tips for the Best Engagement from Social Media Posts Traci Tarquinio, Vice President, Partner Programs and Events, SnapRetail You post, tweet and Pin daily, but do you know if you’re sending the best message to your followers? Get an overview of effective social messages and exclusive infographics to help you create the perfect message, every time.
- The Secret To Moving More Inventory Faster Than Ever Cathy Donovan Wagner, Founder and President, RETAILMavens There is one secret to moving out the most inventory ever AND putting the most cash in your pocket. You have never been taught this before, and you’ll be shocked at how easy it is to implement NOW.
- Get More Opens! Tips for Effective Email Subject Lines Traci Tarquinio, Vice President, Partner Programs and Events, SnapRetail During this 15-minute session, you will learn why the subject line is one of the most important parts of your email, what some of the do’s and don’ts are for creating subject lines and how to determine which subject lines work best for your business.
For session schedule and updates, please visit the Sports Licensing and Tailgate Show web site. [https://www.sportstailgateshow.com/attendee/seminars/#sthash.tWrft1do.dpuf.} Add these IRC sessions to your calendar by using the Show Planner at https://www.sportstailgateshow.com/attendee/show-planner/. Sessions are free to all registered attendees and take place in the lobby, just outside the show’s exhibit hall.
“By partnering with the Independent Retailer Conference we are able to bring professionals in the area of independent retail to share their learnings and support our retailers,” said Liz Crawford, Vice President and Group Show Director for the Licensing Group. “The addition of these robust retail-focused sessions will enhance the attendee experience. Now, not only can they find exciting new products to bring into their retail mix, they will also have the opportunity to learn new skills or enhance their current retail savvy.”
About Independent Retailer Conference
The Independent Retailer Conference is the nation’s only retail conference dedicated entirely to the unique lifestyle and responsibilities of independent store owners. Founded by industry veterans Nicole Leinbach Reyhle of Retail Minded & Kerry Bannigan of Nolcha Events, the Independent Retailer Conference offers independent retailers the chance to engage, learn, and connect with industry leaders while also getting inspired from retail experts, service providers and like-minded retailers from across the nation.
About Sports Licensing and Tailgate Show
Held annually in Las Vegas, the Sports Licensing and Tailgate Show is the premier event for brand owners, licensors, licensees and retailers interested in sports licensed products. Home to over 375 exhibits and thousands of retailers, this is the only show of its kind to target the sports, licensing and tailgating markets. Exhibiting companies hold the licenses for professional, collegiate and all other sports teams and represent all product categories. Visit www.sportstailgateshow.com for more information.
About Emerald Expositions
Emerald Expositions is a leading operator of large business-to-business tradeshows in the United States, producing over 65 tradeshows and conference events per year connecting over 335,000 buyers and sellers across nine diversified end-markets, including general merchandise, sports, hospitality and retail design, jewelry, photography, decorated apparel, building, healthcare and military. Emerald Expositions is headquartered in San Juan Capistrano, California. The company’s shows are typically the most prominent and important for exhibitors and attendees within their various industries. To learn more about Emerald Expositions, please visit www.emeraldexpositions.com.